Trials and troubles often feel very much like being in a dark thunderstorm. But, just as the air in the atmosphere is crisp and pure after the storm has passed, so we find that our relationship with God has become much more vivid and real during the storms of life. James 1:12 says "Blessed is a man who persevers under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."
One of the most challenging quotes I know comes in today's reading. "Unless we can look the darkest, blackest fact full in the face without damaging God's character, we do not yet know Him." In the past, when I was confronted with a hardship I couldn't comprehend, I would become angry with God. I had three opportunities this week to see that God is, indeed, working on me in this area. In one situation, I received a txt message from Uganda regarding two starving babies my friend had found on the side of the road. Solely by His grace, I didn't become angry, but was able to take it before Him and ask Him to intercede (if you think of it, please pray for these babies).
This also stuck out to me from today's reading: "through eevery cloud He brings, He wants us to unlearn something." I'm still mulling that one over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm also mulling that one over. The idea of unlearning is much the same as viewing the world upside down, as in viewing the clouds as evidence God is there instead of the natural inclination to doubt Him when hard things surround us.
Post a Comment