July 18 - The Mystery of Believing

At the end of today's devotion, O.C. points out that Jesus never insists that we obey Him. He allows us to make our own choices.
You know, thinking about my disobedience as me standing in front of Jesus and saying to His face, "I will not obey" is tragic. As O.C says, "when I do this, I am backing away from the recreating power of His redemption.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's both sobering and heartbreaking to see disobedience in this light. Oh for hearts to obey joyfully, as only He can give!
Ps. 86:11&12- "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your Name. Only then can we do verse 12 "I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, I will glorify Your Name forever."