July 16 - The Concept of Divine Control

Today O.C. focuses on God's complete control of our lives. There is nothing that happens in my life that God doesn't know about. When I am prone to worry, instead of entertaining that tendency, I am to focus on Scripture and the truths that it teaches me.

In Matthew 7:11, Jesus talks about how the Father will provide for us. I have to trust and be diligent in asking.

In Matthew 6:25-34, a passage that has spoken over and over to me, Jesus talks about worry. I am so much more valuable than the birds of the air and God takes care of them! Of course He will watch over me.

As disciples of Jesus, O.C. says we, "must maintain an attitude of perfect trust and an eagerness to ask and to seek". O.C. also says this (my favorite thing he says to us today): "Fill your mind with the thought that God is there. And once your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be as easy as breathing for you to remember, 'My heavenly Father knows all about this!'".

No comments: