July 17 - The Miracle of Belief

"Belief in Jesus is a miracle produced only by the effectiveness of redemption, not by impressive speech, nor by wooing and persuading, but only by the sheer unaided power of God." (O.C.)

Boy, isn't this a relief?? It's wonderful to know that the Holy Spirit changing someone's heart is the only way to Jesus! Yes, God uses us, our words and our actions to bless others, but WE are not the way to salvation.

This morning's devotion reminds me of a prayer that I first heard Chuck Bentley (a man in our church) pray, and have since heard Dee pray it all the time. It is a prayer that they pray before they speak to us: "Lord, help me to decrease, so that you may increase!" What a prayer. That is the attitude my heart should have even as I go about each day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up on the last day." John 6:44

I agree with you, what a relief and Praise the Lord!