July 31 - Till You Are Entirely His

O.C. mentions three examples of areas in which we may find "slovenliness": impulsiveness, mental wool-gathering, and independent individuality. I can think of lots more! One area in which I often find myself "slip shod" is in listening to others. I have been under conviction in this area. Truly listening to others is the simplest and, arguably, most effective way of loving others. It is also frequently the entry point toward sharing the Gospel in both words and deeds. When I am not listening to others, the reasons are usually 1) I don't think I have the time (i.e., I am not trusting God with my schedule); or, 2) I have other things on my mind (i.e., I am elevating myself or my concerns above the other person).

It's nice to know that "God will bring us back to the same point over and over again", until we get what He is after. It's also reassuring to remember that in James 1:5 we are given an open invitation to ask for and receive His inexhaustible wisdom so that we don't have to rely on our own limited resources!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! The challenge for me is to not even think about how I feel, instead to commit all that needs to be done into the Lord's hands, ask for His wisdom, His strength and His will to be done. Then, get busy. The focus has to be on the Lord rather than myself. He never calls us to do anything that He doesn't provide for and we are to do all things heartily as unto the Lord.