July 1 - The Inevitable Penalty

It is never worthwhile to try and withhold a part of myself or my heart from God's scrutiny. It's true that His merciful love will not abide a divided heart.

I am thankful for the promises of 2 Chronicles 16:9 "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." If I do my part: confess, surrender, act; He will do the rest. (and, oh yeah, I have to exhibit patience while He does His part...)

Does a disposition toward "your right to yourself" ebb and flow in your life? Or, is it your experience that once confessed it is "conquered" and no longer a struggle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It definitely ebbs and flows! I feel like such a slow learner sometimes when lessons are repeated numerous times. I think O.C.'s statement,"The moment you realize God's purpose, which is to get you rightly related to Himself and then to your fellow man, He will tax the last limit of the universe to help you take the right road," so aptly describes what the Lord does for us every time we let go...