July 8 - Will To Be Faithful

Wow! Today's devotion is so convicting! I love the words that O.C. uses. He says, "I must will to obey, and I must will to receive God's Spirit. When God gives me a vision of truth, there is never a question of what He will do, but only of what I will do." I love that! He is so faithful and we can always count on him to be...well, HIMSELF!

We are like the Pharisees in that we are so quick to look towards others for approval and advice. John 5:44 says, "How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?" We must be willing to serve and love Him and Him alone. Like today's verse tells us, "...then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve..." (Joshua 24:15).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He, alone, is truly sufficient. When I hear Joshua's command to choose whom I will serve, I cannot help but think also of the command to "Seek First God's Kingdom and His righteousness..." both are practical, rubber meet the road commands that have to be obeyed before we can truly Know Him and enjoy Him.