Mysteries of the Bible: The Bible's Greatest Secrets...sounds like an interesting documentary to watch on the History Channel, right? John and I thought so. Little did we know that the whole program was going to be one archaeologist after another telling us which stories/places mentioned in the Bible were accurate archaeologically. In the beginning of the program this question was asked: "How does the history being unearthed here, compare to the account passed down in the Bible?"
"The archaeological account, more often than not, coincides with the biblical account of what happened," they said. They also added, "The Bible, as a book, as a history book, is generally reliable, in so far as we can check it."
It is sad to me that these professionals consider their archaeological discoveries as "truth" above the Scriptures. The Word is the TRUTH.
But then I got to thinking that, just like them, I doubt the truths of the Bible when I choose to believe the lies of this world...the lies I struggle with every single day. The lies that tell me that I have to be this kind of mom, or look like this, or drive this kind of car, or have this amount of money, etc., etc.
God's WORD is truth. Whether or not it is believed or "proven" by archaeologists, it is true! Numbers 23:19 says, "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
Praise you, LORD, that we can know the Truth through your Word. Thank you that we don't have to believe the lies of the world. "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undiveded heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"as far as we can check it" says the scientist...
Isn't it wonderful that we can approach science from the position of Truth?! Instead of wondering how we were created or if there is a 'higher power', we can have an intimate relationship with our Creator. Sure, I have a growing list of things that I would like to know the rest of the story of what God was doing, but we can trust His plan.
Post a Comment