Ps. 90:2,
"Before the mountains were born,
Or Thou didst give birth to the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting,
Thou art God."
That is the verse that comes to my mind when I think about God as Eternal. I think about that and wonder what He was doing before what we know as Creation... How long was He (Trinity) there before Creation? What could that have been like? What might a Triune God DO?
And then He, knowing what we would be (sinners) and do (sin), and knowing what sin would require(Jesus' death for us), GOD CREATED.
And He didn't create a simple, half way, sort of thought out creation... He made animals that are really quite funny looking (humor in creation)... Some that fly, swim, burrow, screech, scratch, dig (practical creation)...ones with stripes, some with long necks, some with horns (unique creation)... He made insects of all color, shape size, habit (infinite creation)... He made an environment that works together in such a complex way that scientists are still exploring and learning more about it (intelligent/genius creation)...and then he made man (You know how complex we are...).
I join you all in being amazed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As a little girl, I spent lots of time wondering about eternity. But I don't remember ever thinking about what He, the triune God, did BEFORE creation. What an awesome thing to think about. How do you do anything but praise Him as you contemplate the vastness of eternity?
You've done it again... I'll be thinking on this one for days to come! :)
And I join with you all in declaring, "Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the Only Wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever, Amen." ITim.1:17 (KJV)
Post a Comment