June 5 - God's Say So

I've never known O.C. to speak in such practical terms as is found in today's reading. Sometimes life really does require "bucking up" and "taking a deep breath spiritually." Right now, I'm battling a sense of dread about some upcoming eye surgery. However, I have been trying to approach it differently than I would have in the past by refusing to give way to my fear. I've been trying to be deliberate about taking God at His word, trusting that He will be with me regardless of the outcome. This has been an interesting experiment in faith for me. I'll let you know how it turns out...

Does anyone else have examples?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The key to me is the opening statement..."my say-so is to be built on God's say-so." His Word, His Name, His Character - all of His attributes - are to be the foundation of all that we believe and say. This children's song sums it up well... "if Jesus said it, I believe it, His Word cannot lie; if it's written in the Bible, I believe it till I die and though these mountains be removed, and cast into the sea, God's Word will live forever, throughout eternity!"