June 19 - Service of Passionate Devotion
Wow, we so don’t hear this kind of teaching very often. One of my favorite verses is John 17:3, where Jesus says, “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” This was Jesus’ aim; that the fellowship that was broken with God in the Garden would be fixed. Paul put it like this in Philippians, “…I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him…” This knowledge will not be perfect until we are made perfect, but the process begins the minute we are united to Christ in the new birth. Sanctification brings us closer and closer. In the meantime, O.C. says, “The secret of a disciple’s life is devotion to Jesus Christ…” This is what we are to be about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree wholeheartedly! Discipleship is all about relationship and devotion to Christ first. The Word and the Holy Spirit transform us, just as we were promised in John 14:16-18 and 26; Heb.4:12 and II Tim.3:16and 17. To KNOW Him is to Trust Him! Ps. 9:10
Post a Comment