June 18 - Keep Recognizing Jesus

"Let your actual circumstances be what they may, but keep recognizing Jesus, maintaining complete reliance upon Him." Many times I get so caught up in my circumstances that I lose sight of Jesus. I depend upon myself.

In one particular situation that I am currently dealing with, God is especially teaching me this total reliance. I have done all I can do and now patience and trust is required of me. Well, I am not doing very well at keeping my eyes on Jesus. I am much like Peter in that the things around me are distracting me and there are days that I feel like I am "sinking" because my focus is not on Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I Resigned or Rejoicing? I ask myself that during times that I am waiting because I know that if I am resigned that my focus is off of the Lord. If I am rejoicing it is by faith that He has heard and is going to answer, and that I can completely trust His answer. He is so Good, so Faithful and so True! He is not a man that He should lie. PTL! He is worthy of all my trust.

Terry Munz said...

I find that when I am focused on me, even when things are going just dandy, I am not satisfied. Yet, when I focus on God and what He has done for me through His Son, Jesus, I have an attitude of gratitude. With the Psalmist I say, “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?”