"Salvation is easy for us, because it costs God so much. But the exhibiting of salvation in my life is difficult."
Today's devotion made me think of one of the devotions from last week entitled, "Getting There" on June 12. In both, O.C. is discussing the continual/constant laying down of my life that God calls me to from day to day...exhibiting my salvation in EVERYTHING, not just the occasional thing.
In some areas it may be easier for me to exhibit my salvation. And in some it may be easier for you.
The real question is: Is Jesus a true friend to me? I can think of many human beings that I would "lay down my life" for. But would I do the same for Jesus, the one who did the same for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Salvation is easy because it cost God so much, but the manifestation of it in my life is difficult.” Then O.C. tells us that Jesus calls us to stay loyal to Him, our Friend. Oh, how true it is when he says that this is difficult. In the good times, I want to worship the gifts rather that the Giver and in the difficult times I am tempted to accuse God of withholding from me. Where is the loyalty in this? It is in these times of temptation that I have to use the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God and stand on promises such as “no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.” (Ps. 84:11, 12)
If Jesus is truly my Friend and I love Him, I will obey what He commands. There is no way around the link of loving = obeying and there is no loving without knowing Him. The more I abide, the more I know Him and count Him my Best Friend and lover of my soul. What joy is ours with such a Friend!
Post a Comment