Wouldn’t you know that, in God’s sovereignty, I would be asked to comment on one of the hardest disciplines of the Christian life for me; namely, intercessory prayer. Not because I don’t realize the need for it, but because I prefer so many of the other disciplines over this one when I sit down to spend time with God. I much prefer to spend time in worship, meditation, study, etc. But, as O.C. says here, “The real business of your life as a saved soul is intercessory prayer.”
In Andrew Murray’s, With Christ in the School of Prayer, he echoes O.C.’s evaluation of prayer. He says, “There is a twofold use of prayer. One is to obtain strength and blessing for our own lives. The other is the higher and true glory of prayer for which Christ has taken us into His fellowship and teaching intercession – the royal power a child of God exercises in heaven on behalf of others and even of the kingdom.”
I will then, “approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we (I) may receive mercy and find grace to help us (me) in our (my) time of need” with regards to my prayer life. He will surely give me what I need!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Intercessory prayer is a privilege and I don't always keep that in mind. Also, it is spiritual warfare and I tend to lose sight of that fact. It is only with the prompting and power of the Word and the Holy Spirit that I am able and effective to intercede and conduct spiritual warfare.
Eph. 6:17-18
Post a Comment