Psalm 17:2-3
"Let my judgment come forth from Your presence; Let Your eyes look with equity. You have tried my heart; You have visited me by night; You have tested me and You find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress."
Have you ever just been weary of doing good, especially when things persist in not working out "right"? That is where it seems to me David is when he writes verses 1-5. It sounds like he has already gone through the process of laying his heart out to the Lord and he is recounting his (yes, his - David's) faithfulness to God. Yet, he doesn't sound proud - it is more of a humble plea. As in "Lord, I've done all I know to do, now HELP!!".
Psalm 17: 6&8
"I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech... Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings..."
In these next verses David asks for some pretty significant things from God. He asks for favor, protection, relief and victory. That sounds like what is on my list as well. What is on your list today? Whatever it is, I hope you feel the freedom to take it straight to the Lord. He cares for you and wants to hear from you. As we are learning from David, it is ok to have strong emotions and it is ok to be honest with God.
Lord, meet us where we are today. Grant us favor as we strive to walk uprightly. Give us protection from the evil that surrounds and grant us victory over our struggles - for your glory. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment