Proverbs 23:15
My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad.
I wonder if we have said this to our children. I mean, actually told them that above all of the things we try to teach them, the one thing that will truly put a smile on our faces is to hear them speak words of wisdom and to see their wise actions speak even louder than those words. I wonder if they realize that above keeping their rooms clean, paying attention in class, being nice to others, that the one thing that we value above all is to see wisdom ooze out of them? Telling them this might open up some great opportunities to talk with them about specifics of what wisdom is and from Whom we receive this valuable gift.
Proverbs 23:10, 11
Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless, for their Defender is strong; he will take up their case against you.
These verses give so much comfort. They address the specific issue of someone taking advantage of a child who has no father or who has no one to defend his financial interest, but we can also see the greater promise of God in them. No matter what our earthly father is like, no matter if we have no father, no matter if someone tries to take advantage of us when we have no one to watch over our interests, our Heavenly Father is our Strong Defender. He will take up our case against our offender. I love that. I love knowing, Knowing, that no matter what, He will take care of me. Solomon's father, David, said, "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?" My heart is overwhelmed with peace.
Dear Father, Thank You for loving me. I love You, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment