As I have studied about God's omniscience- his "all-knowingness", I am impressed, personally, about how perfectly He knows me! He knows my past; he knows my future. He has known me from the beginning; he formed me in my mother's womb. He knows my heart, and understands my thoughts and imaginations. He knows me far better than I know myself, and he recognizes my helplessness, when I do not!
Yet I am often foolishly and sinfully confident in myself- as I rush ahead to get this done, work that out, fix this thing. And I miss out on the promises of Isaiah 64:4- that he "acts on behalf of those who wait for him." He knows it all- the beginning, and the end.
So, how do I learn to wait for him? First of all, I must trust him. It is a decision I must make; and I have plenty of proof that he is trustworthy. Second,I must resist the temptation to think I know best, to be impatient, and to do it myself. Third, and most important, I must pray. I can talk to him about my problems, and tell him my hopes, my feelings, and my frustrations. I can tell him the facts, as I understand them (though he already knows). Then I must trust him, and wait. They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings, as eagles. (Isaiah 40:31)
Psalm 147:5 says: His understanding has no limit," and Isaiah 40: 28 states that His understanding no one can fathom." I am so grateful for his perfect knowledge and understanding. Oh, Heavenly Father, Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." (Psalm 139:6)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your comments makes me think of this song by Casting Crowns.
Go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA
cindy
It makes sense then that the One Who Knows the beginning from the end is the Alpha and Omega... the Beginning and the End! How can we not trust Him when He Knows everything that concerns us... our very heart, which we cannot know; as well as the knowledge of the entire universe and beyond...?
He is truly Worthy of all our trust.
Post a Comment