“God perfectly knows all things. He has a perfect knowledge of the properties and qualities of all creatures, for He made them what they are and sustains them where they are. He knows everything that is now taking place in the universe, for He is everywhere present. He knows everything that ever has occurred or ever will occur, for we are told that He sees the end from the beginning.” (Rev. Edward Payson)
This same all-knowing God has created us to know and to be known by Him. Deep within us God has placed a desire to be truly known. Only God has the ability to do this in a way that will satisfy though. The realization that the all-knowing Creator of the universe knew me in this way and still loved me turned my world upside down. I had wanted this from someone all of my life and had looked for it in various individuals. I finally came to understand that God did not design me in such a way that people could satisfy this desire to be known; only He could.
I can’t help but think that this is the realization that Hagar came to when she found herself alone in the wilderness. God saw her in that lonely state and came to her. She would always remember the place where God saw and met her in her need so she named that place Beer Lahai Roi which means, “the well of Him who lives and sees me.”
King David expresses the wonder of this in Psalm 8, “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?”
Only God can satisfy that deep longing in me to be known. When I see Him as all-satisfying, He is glorified! “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!” (Rom. 11:33)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a comfort to know Him and be known by the One Who created me especially for HIS perfect will and good pleasure... He knows me and still, He loves me anyway...
"But now thus saith the Lord that created thee...and He that formed thee,... fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name, thou art mine."
Is. 43:1
Post a Comment