April 29 - The Graciousness of Uncertainty

I think everyone I know prefers certainty to uncertainty. Most of us like to be in control of things as much as we can. I know I do. I think Oswald is saying here, and Pastor John has said before, to submit our daily "agenda" to the Lord and wait expectantly for Him to direct.

My internet has been down for 5 days. I wanted it back up today. The customer service person I spoke with about was based in India and wasn't able to give me any information that helped me resolve the internet issue. However, what if this "dead end" (from my perspective) was actually an opportunity for me to pray for a non-Christian in India? If I shift my perspective and look at "detours" and "dead ends" as chances for the Lord to work in and through me, then I am able to see how He "packs our life with surprises all the time."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great attitude, Chris! That's exactly what we need to be doing... redirecting our thoughts, attitudes, actions to Him and to His Word, applying and doing what He says and enjoying Him daily as we entrust every moment to Him.