April 24th - The Warning Against Wantoning

I particularly like the reminder in the second paragraph "Unless the worker lives a life hidden with Christ in God, he is apt to become an irritating dictator instead of an indwelling disciple." Many times, the Holy Spirit convicts me that I am headed toward becoming an irritating dictator. I think that happens most when I focus on other people's behavior without asking God to give me insight into where their heart is. That's one thing that is so clear with all of Jesus' interactions with people when He walked the earth - He looked at the heart and then adressed the behavior. His example gives hope that we can "disciple lives until they are wholly yielded to God".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, am convicted by that. Jesus is always loving and kind, even as He convicts me of my sin. Luke 9:23 & 24 is a perfect example of the "If" as Jesus tells them "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me..."