April 22 - The Light That Never Fails

This morning as I read Oswald's devotional, I am struck with the importance of continually re-centering my focus on Christ. I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning and that the dawn of this day brings a fresh opportunity to "look God sternly in the face about (my)self". Yesterday was a tough day for me and one in which I had a hard time "keeping in tune with God all the time." This morning is a chance to confess that to the Lord and start afresh. I can also prayerfully evaluate and try to determine what factors hindered me from keeping in tune. For me yesterday, the factors were my inflexibility and busyness. What are the factors in your life that generally impact your ability to "keep in tune" with Him throughout the day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My biggest hinderances are self-
centeredness and lack of love for Him, in that I seek my way instead of yielding to, and abiding in, Him.