"Readiness for God means that we are ready to do the tiniest little thing or the great big thing, it makes no difference." One of the ways I'm able to take my own "spiritual temperature", is to notice my attitude toward doing the little things. If I find myself passing by the little opportunities to serve (calling someone who is ill, pausing to really listen to somebody who I can tell wants to talk, taking out a full trash can at church), then I know I need to slow myself down and focus on being sensitive to His spirit. I have been so blessed to be a part of the CMPC body, where our leaders and many others tirelessly undertake all manner of "obscure duties" to serve the Lord.
I spent many years looking for that heroic thing "out there" that I could do for God. I finally realized that what He wants is for me to apply myself diligently to serving Him right where He put me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree wholeheartedly! If I am not faithful in little, in the few things - the least things- in His service or otherwise, I will not be faithful in more. Both the unjust steward and parable of the talents speak to this heart issue. Relationship with Him means availability, no matter how small the service, and as we've been discussing, dying to self - what we "feel" or think is important -is crucial in having a right attitude and relationship with Him. (Matt.25:21; Luke 16:10)
Post a Comment