God Is Love - Day 5

Sovereign.  Omniscient.  Eternal.  Immutable.  Faithful.  Truthful.  Good.  Loving.

God chose to be all of these and more.  He could have been any God He chose to be.  He chose to love a creation that didn't recognize Him, disobeyed Him, was unfaithful to Him.  He chose to make us His Children at the price of the life of His Son whom He loved and had always been with Him.
Deuteronomy 33: 12  May the beloved of the Lord dwell in security by Him, Who shields him all the day. And he dwells between His shoulders.

Job 7:17  What is man that Thou dost magnify him, and that Thou are concerned about him?

Psalm 63:3  Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise Thee.  So I will bless Thee as long as I live:  I will lift up my hands in Thy name.


Romans 5:8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 31:3  I have loved you with an everlasting love:  Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.

John 15:13  Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

We don't do this.  

I have never become a close friend of someone, claimed them as family, knowing that ultimately my child would die for this relationship!  This is an unfathomable love that could only be from our God.  

And He freely Chose to be this kind of God.  Thank you Heavenly Father. 

No comments: