I'm going to keep it simple today. I'd love to get input on the following sentence:
"We come up to the truth of God, we confess we are wrong, but go back again; then we come up to it again, and go back; until we learn that we have no business to go back."
If you relate to this statement, how do you prevent "going back" again and again? Thanks for your input!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that the going back again and again relates to the exhortation, “Never allow a truth of God that is brought home to your soul to pass without acting on it, not necessarily physically, but in will.” There are situations in my life that God has to bring me to again and again (reminds me of the chapters in Exodus where the Israelites find themselves repeatedly with hunger and thirst to teach them that the Lord will provide for them). He means for me to deal with these situations according to Truth rather than my sinful flesh. He means for me to “transact”, “Come to Me”. Know who I am and lean on My redemptive power. Those are my thoughts on it.
That makes sense, especially relating it back to the Israelites.
Post a Comment