November 10 - Fellowship in the Gospel

I enjoyed today's reading. I especially connected with the statement that "I have to learn that the aim in life is God's, not mine."

I guess I'm curious how you see O.C.'s comments relate to Jesus' parable of the talents. God clearly gifts people in different ways and expects them to use those gifts. I am a little conflicted as I think of how to coach a young person (college age, for example). O.C. says that as long as you have a personal ambition, you can't identify with God's interests. However, when a person is determining their course of study, etc. they have to have goals and ambitions. I'm really not trying to be contrary, but this is something I've been pondering for awhile...

By the way, if anyone ever wants to just jump on and post a lead off comment (any day), feel free. I try to get to it early in the AM, but it doesn't always work. Today I had one of my kids in my bed at 6am, so my "quiet time" wasn't particularly quiet :-)

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Chris, that is a tough question. It is tough to know how to step myself out of the way and rid my life of my "own personal interests and ambitions". O.C. says, "He simply asks me to have absolute faith i Him and His goodness".

I once asked a very wise women how I was supposed to react to my feeling like I needed to be "doing" or "serving" more, now that I am staying at home with Andrew. I was feeling like, since I have more time, I should be seeking to serve here or there. She told me that my sole purpose, not just now, but ALWAYS, was to seek to know God. In other words, I am not to fill my days with "service projects", but seeking to KNOW Him above all else! That is my purpose!