November 3 - "A Bond-Slave of Jesus"

A couple of things stood out to me from the reading today. First, the quote "The passion of Christianity is that I deliberately sign away my own rights and become a bondslave of Christ." Second, the statement "This College...is for nothing else but for God to help Himself to lives." I kind of feel that statement is true of our church, CMPC, especially after hearing Armando speak yesterday about his internship in Peru. It is very exciting to see God use the imperfect people at church to accomplish His purposes.

The last thing that stood out to me is the question "Is (God) going to help Himself to (me), or (am I) taken up with (my) conception of what (I am) going to be?" This is a good question to pose to college students (as it was in the reading), but is also a good thing to ask ourselves periodically as we journey through life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could identify with the first statement you mentioned as I constantly find myself facing choices as to following Him and seeking His will vs. going my own way and using my own wisdom.

I also thought the last statement stood out as pertinent to our availability to God on a regular, consistent basis. A great question and challenge!